Close

Residents safe after newsagent goes up in flames

November 7, 2017

Residents safe after newsagent goes up in flames

About 1am on Thursday morning, emergency services were called to shops on John St near Dutton Lane, at Cabramatta.

When they arrived emergency services found two shops in the building were on fire, including a newsagent. It is believed the fire started downstairs at the newsagent but spread to the second floor of the business which has residences above.  The fire was fuelled by newspapers stored in the store. All occupants were located.  Surrounding residents also were evacuated and there were no reports of injuries.

NANA suggests that all Newsagents check their insurance coverage and to call Tanya 1300 852 977 from Newspack to discuss your insurance requirements and to ensure you have adequate insurance coveragefor all “loss” events. Click here for more details http://nana.com.au/offer-form